Real Recovery – resting to rejuvenate
It takes 21 days to form a habit. Begin a Simple Change today!
- Schedule breaks, walking meetings, etc.
- Renew your sleep habits. Create a relaxing bedtime routine.
- Set boundaries—go offline.
- Set a higher priority on taking care of yourself.
- Integrate structured breathing exercises.
- Identify periods of time to “unplug”—three times per week. Create “white space” on your calendar.
- Create a sleep-conducive environment. Remove work materials, computers, and televisions.
- Read or watch fiction.
- Schedule recovery into your project timelines.
- Develop a ritual to end your workday physically and mentally. (Write down your stressors and leave them at your desk or stop the car and do four minutes of breathing exercises, etc.)